- We test routers using the free demo version of Mach3 here. Jog controls work every time.
- This solution applies to 3040 and 6080 routes, not the 3020.
Introduction / Theory:
- The larger routers require an extra voltage line to run the stepper drivers correctly. For this reason they come with a USB power lead, which connects from your computer to the socket in the control box.
Sometimes the USB sockets on your computer cannot supply the current needed. This causes the voltage in the parallel cable, handling communication with the computer, to run at too low a voltage and communication breaks down.
Solutions to try:
- Use a rear USB port on your computer, the front ports tends to have lower voltage (and generally be more problematic)
- Use a USB charger such as those for an iPod or SmartPhone
- Lodge a ticket if you continue to have problems